First Way is here to support you. Love and support are the most essential needs in parenting. First Way is dedicated to both as you plan for yourself and your new baby in the months and years to come. Let's begin this journey together.
You will never forget this pivotal, life-changing experience, you will want to explore every possibility.
Your Choice to Parent
Being a parent is one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of life. It is a miracle to watch this little life grow and develop inside of you. From the moment of conception your baby is a person with a unique and unrepeatable identity. As a parent you will learn how to guide, nurture and provide for this amazing, new little person and their many interests, talents and gifts. You, too will grow, and flourish in this beautiful process.
Ask Yourself the following questions:
- If you are single, is marrying the father a possibility? Why or why not. Would he consider pre-marital counseling?
- What type of support could the father of the baby provide?
- Could I live with family or another single mom?
- How could I share responsibilities with those I live with?
- What would it take to live on my own with my baby?
- How can I continue to reach my goals to make a better life for me and my child?
- Would I consider applying for government assistance?
- Have I called the helpline to find resources in my area that can provide parenting support and supplies?
Your Choice to Place for Adoption
There are a wide range of adoption plans to choose from, everything from closed to very open adoptions. Obtain as much information on adoption as possible to make an informed decision. Here are some things that adoption can include:
- You can choose the adoptive family and many details of your child's future.
- You can determine what you would like your relationship to be with your child and the adoptive family.
- Adoptive parents explain adoption to the child at each stage of development in order to become well-adjusted, successful individuals.
- At any point in the pregnancy you may decide to parent.
- Peer counseling, support groups and other services enable each person involved to work through the grieving process, issues of loss and challenges along the way.
Ask yourself the following questions
- What would be an ideal home for my child?
- What do I want to provide for my child?
- Have I called a pregnancy specialist by calling 602-650-4825 to find out about adoption services and counselors in my area?
Who can I talk to about my pregnancy?
It is always best if you can talk about your pregnancy with your partner or your family members. This can sometimes be difficult with an unplanned pregnancy. We offer free, live continual peer counseling 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Call 1-800-712-HELP (4357).
Can I keep my baby?
Absolutely! But you may need help. We offer support to help you prepare for your baby. We also offer adoption referral if that is your choice.
How can I talk to my family about my pregnancy?
It is important to talk to your partner and your family about your pregnancy. This can be very difficult. We can help provide you with the support you need to encourage dialogue with the individuals you love most.
First Way Pregnancy Center provides free resources which support life affirming choices. This is accomplished through a loving and non-judgmental approach with peer counseling, education and practical services.
First Way is not a diagnostic medical clinic and can not give medical advice. Please contact your doctor for any symptoms of concern.